Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tuesdays with Morrie - Week of 4/20

     Quite honestly, I expected Tuesdays with Morrie to be incredibly boring. Having said that, I have been pleasantly surprised since page one. There was a moment in the book that really made me tear up -- when Mitch begins talking about the moment when Morrie got diagnosed with ALS. It's been a really long time since a book made me tear up, so it was really surprising (but then again, I had just watched Guardians of the Galaxy so I was in a very emotionally weak state, you know? Groot.). That moment in the book had a lot of power and meaning, so from then on I've been completely sure that this is going to be a book to remember.

      After the book is read and done, I think I'll have learned something from it. We're only around 60 pages in and the book has already had me have some of those moments where it's like, "Wow, I want to do that. I want that." One of those has been the idea of not wasting your life or taking it for granted. Instead of slowly wasting away in silence, Morrie has opted to make the most of his time left. This really left an impact on me because I think if there's anyone who'd totally give up after being diagnosed with ALS or any other crippling disease, it would be me. It shows you that you don't have to fade away if that happens, you can keep on living an even more powerful life.

   I've always thought bucket lists were weird but here goes nothing:


  • Go to New York
  • Go to France and see the Eiffel Tower
  • Go to Spain (preferably a million times)
  • Go to Coachella (and meet a lot of hipsters???)
  • Take a very long road trip to somewhere very far away with all of my favorite albums
  • See all my favorite singers or bands play live before they all inevitably break up
  • Own (or just touch) a pet hedgehog
  • See/witness the most artistic thing ever (whatever it may be. I decide when I see it).
  • Find my favorite cup of coffee
  • Own all my favorite albums, books, and art.
  • Be successful in finding what I want
  • Live to play the song "Year 3000" during 3000 (this is very important).

No comments:

Post a Comment