Monday, February 24, 2014

Reflection on Blogging

Since my first blog, I've had six months to improve my blogging skills. As I look back, I can definitely say that I have, in fact, improved. When I look back at my earlier blogs, I noticed that I did quite a lot of summarizing, even if the prompt didn't call for the whole summary. The blogs were also rather long, but I don't think they were very well written and they felt kind of forced, in a way. Since then, I haven't been summarizing as much, just summarizing what I need to in order to write about the prompt. My blogs are also shorter now, but the writing is better and more "full" than it was before. Also, I've started writing what I really think, so they don't feel as forced to me now. Now, I feel like I'm able to write more casually and put in my ideas, rather than just forcing some artificial ideas out into the writing.

So far this year, my favorite blog has been Dreams With Sharp Teeth: 12/12/13. This blog has been my favorite because I really enjoyed writing it. The prompt was to choose a favorite character and a least favorite character, so I really liked being able to write about the characters I had stronger opinions on. I also really liked writing the blog because of the favorite character I chose: a dog named Ahbhu. The death of Ahbhu was something I was really able to relate to, so it was pretty nice being able to write about a character I related to.

No comments:

Post a Comment