Monday, February 17, 2014

Two Voice Poem- Dreams With Sharp Teeth


It’s all going backwards.

What is?

They’re all coming back, Kate.

Who’s coming back?

All of them.

Michael, who is them?

All the birds come home to roost...

It scares me.
            
Why?

Because it’s really happening.

What’s really happening?

They’re all coming back, Kate!

Explain it to me...
        
Michael, I don’t understand.

Of course you don’t.
                          Have you slept?

No, I’m afraid.

       You’re making yourself go crazy.

Paranoia...?

Kate, everyone is coming back...

     You mean...everyone?

The ones I loved and the ones I knew.

How do you know?

I knew you were coming next.
How?

Because it’s all going backwards...

You were the third I loved...

     And who was after me?

Gretchen. It’s going backwards. She came back.
       
And then me.

Yes. And I’m scared.

       So, the one you loved before me is next...

And that was...

Marcie was before you.
                 So Marcie is next?

Yes. 

                    Why don’t you just stop it?

I would if I could! Think, Kate! 

            About what?

Who was before Marcie?

          Michael...She can’t.

But she will.

Do you think Cindy will come?


Is Cindy still locked up in the House?

Yes, but I know she’ll come back.

              You can’t be sure of that.

But I know everyone is coming back! She will come!

    Michael, you haven’t been sleeping...

You don’t believe me.

                   Michael, I just don’t...

No! You’re just part of it! 

But if Cindy comes...





No comments:

Post a Comment